This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and it’s advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PourMoreFun #CollectiveBias
Taste fresh raspberries and sweet lemonade in every bite of these Raspberry Cupcakes.
I am so happy spring is finally here! Time to bust the grill out (well I grilled all winter long but now I can stay outside when I cook) and dust off the patio furniture. We have spent all winter cooped up inside and now that the weather is warming up we are catching up with friends and having more lunch dates and dinner parties. I needed some new recipe inspiration and found some great recipes in the #CookingUpGood challenge, including my husband’s favorite, bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers. Already, every weekend in April we have plans to have friends and family over; so if you need me you can find me in the backyard.
Whether it’s burgers, steaks or chicken I always like to have nice, cold drink with dinner. When I was at Walmart picking up supplies for our first cookout of the year I went down the drink aisle to pick up Kool-Aid for my Homemade Slushes and I saw these Country Time Lemonade Starters. I love a good lemonade with dinner too, and seeing that I could make 3 times as much lemonade with these starters as I can with other similar brands for a fraction of the price, I decided to give it a try. Boy am I happy I did! It was so easy to make, just add water and you’ve got a sweet, tangy drink everyone will love (especially my boys). What I love even better is that you can make a whole pitcher or just a single glass, my favorite.
The other day I had some friends over for a play date, we were talking about our favorite desserts and as we were drinking lemonade I thought how good it would be if I could turn that berry lemonade in to a dessert. Then I remembered these yummy Raspberry Cupcakes my friend Christina brought over. Mix those with the Country Time Berry Lemonade Starter and I knew I would have the perfect dessert for our next BBQ. The cupcakes are made with fresh raspberries and are moist and sweet, just like a perfect cupcake should be. But the frosting was my favorite part; you can really taste the berry lemonade and it’s like taking a big swig of lemonade with every bite. So if you’re looking for a sweet spring treat try these cupcakes, you’ll completely forget those cold winter months.
Raspberry Cupcakes with Berry Lemonade Frosting
- 3/4 cup 3 sticks butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup raspberries pureed
- 2 Tbsp sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup 2 sticks butter, softened to room temperature
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 3 Tbsp Country Time Berry Lemonade Starter
- red food coloring optional
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large mixing bowl cream together butter and sugar until fluffy. (About 3-4 minutes on medium speed).
- Add in 1 egg and 2 egg yolks and mix until light and fluffy again (about 2 minutes on medium).
- In a separate bowl combine flour and baking powder.
- In a third bowl mix together remaining ingredients (heavy cream, raspberries, sour cream and vanilla).
- Add 1/2 of the flour mix to butter/sugar/egg mix and stir to combine.
- Add raspberry mix and mix to combine.
- Add remaining flour and mix well until combined.
- Line cupcake tins with cupcake liners and fill each liner 2/3 full.
- Bake for 23-25 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 5 minutes and then move to a cooling rack to let completely cool before frosting.
- Cream butter on medium speed until fluffy (about 3 minutes).
- Add 2 Tbsp of Berry Lemonade syrup and mix to combine.
- Add 1 cup of powdered sugar at a time and mix on low speed until fully combined.
- Add remaining 2 Tbsp + 1 tsp of Country Time Berry Lemonade Starter and mix until combine.
- For a more pink frosting add a few drops of red food coloring and mix.
If you use a whole box of raspberries for the cupcakes you’ll have some extra pureed raspberries, freeze them in ice cube trays and add to your Berry Lemonade drink for an even tastier refreshing treat! To try these sweet and tangy lemonades for yourself head on over to your local Walmart for demos going on in March and April.
Check out Kraft.com for more yummy recipes and let me know which one you can’t wait to try for your next spring BBQ!
Jane (Limeade Gal) says
These are so adorable. I have an obsession with cupcakes! I love your tip on freezing the extra raspberries to add to lemonade, sounds amazingly refreshing!
What beautiful pictures! They look so yummy and I love fresh raspberries!
Kim @ This Ole Mom says
Seriously I need to stop reading your blog until I eat!! lol My goodness I ‘m drooling , and very hungry for dessert. Your recipe looks great and I love how you incorporated the kool-aid into the recipe. Pinned!!!
Robin (Masshole Mommy) says
Those sound absolutely amazing. Cupcakes are my krypronite! Yum
These look so good! I love cupcakes and I’ll have to try these!
This is making so hungry good post.
Jeanine Macintosh says
Yum! These look so good and tasty! I love anything lemon and lemonade so these would be perfect for me!
Carol Cassara says
I want to make these… maybe this weekend or next week. They look scrumptious!
These look amazing! Can’t wait to try the recipe.
Holli @ It's An Ordinary Blog says
These look great – I’ve got a few small events coming up this Spring and could use a new cupcake recipe to try out 🙂 Thanks for sharing!
Liz Mays says
That’s the kind of yummy cupcake I can celebrate! I’ll try it!
Vidya Sudarsan says
Yummy!! looks so good! I wish I had baking skills like you!
Ah those cupcakes look delicious! I’m so glad for warmer weather too! Hopefully we can grill this weekend, I like entertaining, sometimes.
How fun! Thanks for sharing at the Homestead Blog Hop!
The icing on these sounds fabulous.
Thanks for sharing on the Tasty Tuesdays Linky. Hope to see you back next week.
Jennie @ TheHousewifeModern says
These look great. The lemonade starter is interesting…I’ve never seen it, but I might look for it next time I’m in the store. I wonder how that taste versus frosting with berry and lemon extract?
Anyway, thanks for sharing the great recipe.
p.s. I found you on the “Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop” on Recipes for our Daily Bread.
p.p.s. Planning on going to check out your Pinterest page right now!
Lou Lou Girls says
This looks amazing! You are so talented. Pinned and tweeted. Thanks for being a part of our party. I hope to see you tonight at 7 pm. Happy Monday! Lou Lou Girls
Thanks so much ladies! Always a pleasure partying with you!!