With just a few extra ingredients make regular Krispie treats into cute Monsters Inc. treats.
I didn’t realize how much my kids loved Rice Krispie treats until I posted my Baseball Mom Essentials and went through 2 boxes in a week. Since then I’ve had the pantry stocked with them. So when it came time to decide favors for my Statham’s Monsters University Party I knew some form of Rice Krispies were going to be a necessity.
Like I mentioned when I did Rohrl’s Star Wars Party in April I don’t like sending home goodie bags packed with candy and cheap toys; kids are already hyped up from the party and cake. They don’t need anymore sugar to help with that crash in a few hours. So when I am planning I try to plan a toy kids can play with for longer than a few hours and a small treat that both kids and parents will enjoy.
For the Monsters University Party I decided on Monsters Play Dough (coming soon) and these Monsters Rice Krispie Treats. And I have to say having had both the store bought and homemade in the last few weeks; homemade is WAY better! The nice thing with these treats is they take less than 5 minutes to make and are great for both small and large groups.
- 5 Tbsp butter
- 8 cups (plus 2 cups) mini marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 1 tsp blue sprinkles
- 1 tsp purple sprinkles
- 1 tsp green sprinkles
- 1 tsp candy eyes
- Place aluminum foil in a 9x13 pan and grease lightly.
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add 8 cups of mini marshmallows and stir with a wooden spoon until the marshmallows are just melted (about 3-4 minutes)
- Add Rice Krispie cereal to mix and stir to combine.
- Add in last 2 cups of mini marshmallows and stir.
- Stir in 1/2 tsp of blue sprinkles & 1/2 tsp purple sprinkles and stir to combine for Sulley. (For Mike Stir in 1/2 tsp green sprinkles & 1/2 tsp candy eyes)
- Add remaining blue and purple sprinkles for Sulley and pour into prepared pan. (For Mike use remaining green sprinkles and candy eyes)
- Sprinkle a few more blue and purple sprinkles on top for Sulley; green sprinkles and candy eyes for Mike.
- Let sit in foil for at least 30 minutes before serving. Store in air tight container.
You may also like: