Soft pretzels and pepperoni pizza unite to make this delicious meal!
We don’t eat out a lot these days. If we do it’s usually because it’s been a long day and I totally forget to make dinner. Trying to go out to a restaurant with two little boys is more pain than it is fun so, if we do get something for dinner, it’s usually a go through the drive thru type dinner. Or pizza. And for awhile there I was “forgetting” to make dinner on a semi regular basis so we could go to Little Caesars. They had this pretzel crust pizza that was amazing!! And you can’t beat the price so it wasn’t too hard to convince my husband to get it too.
You can imagine how disappointed I was one night when I went in and they said they weren’t making that pizza anymore. No more week night pizza runs. Just because they didn’t sell it anymore didn’t mean I didn’t want pretzel crust pizza anymore. You see, soft pretzels are my weakness. We can’t walk past a Pretzel Time in the mall without me getting one. With my last pregnancy they were my biggest craving too, and I think that craving stuck around long after Statham was born.
So what’s a girl to do? I went to Pinterest of course! I found and tried several recipes but this one from I Wash You Dry was the best, and the closest to the Little Caesars one I loved so much. Aside from the soft, salty pretzel crust mixed with the super cheesy sauce, my favorite part of this recipe is how quickly it comes together. Even including making the dough from scratch, I can have dinner on the table in 30 minutes. Which is super nice; especially on those days that I really do forget to start dinner. If you’re looking to mix up your homemade pizza night you should definitely try this one; but you might have to make two. They will go quick!
Pretzel Crust Pizza
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 2 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 3 1/2-4 cups flour
- 1 Tbsp butter
- coarse sea salt
- 1/2 can of nacho cheese soup
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1/4-1/2 cup pepperoni depending on how much pepperoni you like on your pizza
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Combine water and yeast in a large bowl and stir with a wooden spoon until combined (30 sec- 1 min).
- Stir in salt and brown sugar for another 30 sec.
- Add flour one cup at a time until no longer sticky.
- Turn out dough on to lightly floured surface and knead for 3 minutes.
- Roll out dough to a little bit larger than your pizza pan.
- Place on pan and fold over dough to make crust. You may need to cut off some excess dough so you're crust isn't too thick.
- Spread cheese soup around pizza, not including crust.
- Top with 1 1/2 cup cheese, then pepperoni and lastly top with last 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Brush crust with butter and sprinkle sea salt on top.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes until crust is golden brown.
Do you like soft pretzels? What’s your favorite dipping sauce?