I’ve got a little secret I need to get off my chest. I’m in love… with Peanut Butter! Ok, so it’s not really a secret; almost every snack I make has peanut butter in it! And today I want to share with you the recipe that started that obsession. These peanut butter cupcakes are so moist and are super filling. And the chocolate frosting is just the icing on the cake; or cupcake 😉 I wasn’t the only one who loved them.; my boys did too! So much so that I really only got one decent picture to share with you today. Guess that means I’ll have to make more so I can take better pictures right?! After I run to Costco to pick up more brown sugar, and a million other things, I will post more pictures. Maybe I should bake them during nap time; then the only one I have to fight eating them is myself! While you’re waiting for better pictures, don’t just take my word for it, try these bad boys for yourself! Recipe adapted from Roxana’s Home Baking.
Peanut Butter Cupcakes
1/2 cup butter, softened to room temperature (*** Tip: If you don’t want to wait for butter to soften, or you forgot to take it out of the fridge early, place it in between 2 pieces of wax paper and roll it out with a rolling pin.)
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup peanut butter
1 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking powder
3 Tbsp milk
pinch of salt (I use salted butter so I leave the salt out)
6 Tbsp butter, softened to room temperature
1/4 cup half & half (the original recipe calls for heavy cream but half & half is all I had in the fridge and these turned out fine)
2 1/2- 3 cup powdered sugar
2/3 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla
Preheat oven to 350°
Using a hand mixer, or a stand mixer, cream together butter and peanut butter until smooth and completely combined.
Add brown sugar and beat on low speed until fluffy. It took me 3 or 4 minutes.
Add the eggs, one at a time.
In a separate bowl mix together flour and baking powder (and salt if you’re using it)
Alternate between adding the flour mixture (about 1/2 cup at a time) with the milk (about 1 Tbsp at a time) until all combined.
Fill lined cupcake pan about 1/2 full with batter.
Bake for 20-25 minutes until toothpick comes out clean. I baked mine for 23 minutes.
Let cool in tray for 5 minutes and then move to a cooling rack.
While the cupcakes are baking you can make the frosting.
With a hand mixer, or stand mixer, beat butter until fluffy. Again, it took me 3 or 4 minutes.
Add the half & half and vanilla and mix until completely combined.
Slowly add cocoa powder and then powdered sugar.
Start with 2 cups of powdered sugar and then add 1/4 cup increments until you reach desired consistency. I used 2 3/4 cup.
Once you reach your desired consistency beat on medium high (I did a #6 setting on my hand mixer) for about 3 minutes.
Once cupcakes have cooled add frosting.
Don’t forget to link your favorite recipes to our Tasty Tuesdays party! Hope you have a great day!
Tammy from Creative K Kids is the host of this party every week!
This month, Anna from Family Living on a Budget and Sydney from Tastefully Frugal are also running this party on their blogs!
We would love to have you link up to three of your old or new food posts!
Here are just a few requests for this linky
- PLEASE follow the hosts and co-hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They visit your post, leave a comment, and pin your post. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Try to visit a couple of blogs and leave a comment or share their posts.
- Please make sure you link up only food-related posts that have never been linked up here before or they will be deleted. Non-food posts can always be linked up to the Bloggers Brags Pinterest Party!
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.
[inlinkz_linkup id=441179 mode=1]
Robyn @ simply fresh dinners says
Thanks for hosting, Ladies. A pleasure to join up with you today. 🙂
Thank you for stopping by Robyn!
Kendra @ www.joyinourhome.com says
Thanks for hosting, Sydney! And those cupcakes look delicious! Too cute that you could only get one picture before they were devoured 😉 Guess you’ll have to make more 😉
Ah thanks so much Kendra! Yep they are on my list of treats to make… I have a feeling I’ll be baking 24/7 for the next few weeks 🙂 Hope you are having a great week!!
Amy | Canary Street Crafts says
Peanut butter cupcakes with chocolate frosting?!! YUM!! These look fantastic! I don’t have a food post to link up with you this week so I’ll just support you from the comment section 🙂
Amy, you are so sweet! Thanks for stopping by 🙂
Lou Lou Girls says
Hello cute lady! I love stopping by your party each week. Thank you. I hope you get a chance to stop by our party. We love having you! http://loulougirls.blogspot.com
Happy Wednesday! Lou Lou Girls
You are so sweet! Thank you for linking up and for hosting such a fun party too! Keeping my fingers crossed I win that adorable wreath!!