Something about the changing seasons always brings sickness to our home. Whether it’s winter to spring or fall to winter, for the first weeks of the season we are always battling some form of cold or flu. I think this time around it hit us a lot harder since we all got sick on vacation. It’s been about a month and we are all almost back to feeling 100%. One of my favorite ways to battle colds is a nice, warm bowl of chicken noodle soup.
One of Jeremy and I’s favorite places to eat is a fun little restaurant called Porcupine at the mouth of Big Cottonwood Canyon. It’s got a nice, cozy feel to it and they have the most amazing nachos! Seriously, if you are ever in Utah go there and order the nachos. We like to add chicken and black beans. Our second favorite thing on their menu is the chicken noodle soup. It’s thick and creamy and full of flavor. They only serve it on Wednesdays most of the year but come November 1st they serve it every day. Unfortunately, we can’t go their to eat every time we have a hankering for chicken noodle soup so I decided to recreate it at home. I have to say it turned out quite nicely. Usually I like more of a runny soup but after trying this and the Tomato Basil Soup I’m quickly becoming a fan.
Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup egg noodles uncooked
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Add carrots, celery, chicken broth, 1 cup cream, garlic powder in to crockpot and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- In a small pot melt butter over medium heat.
- Whisk in flour and combine.
- Add remaining cream and whisk into a roux. Cook for 3-2 minutes until thickened.
- Add chicken, roux and egg noodles and cook for 1 hour
Don’t forget to link up your favorite cold buster recipes to our Tasty Tuesdays Link Party.
This month Sydney from Tastefully Frugal and Audrey from That Recipe are the co-hosts of this party!
We would love to have you link up to three of your old or new food posts!
Here are just a few requests for this linky:
- PLEASE follow the hosts and co-hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They visit your post, leave a comment, and pin your post. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please make sure you link up only food-related posts that have never been linked uphere before or they will be deleted.
Non-food posts can always be linked up to the Bloggers Brags Pinterest Party!
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.
[inlinkz_linkup id=462634 mode=1]