This post contains affiliate links. For more information click here.
As a wife and mom I am always looking for ways to mix up our lunches. We have been in a rut for awhile with turkey wraps. They are good, and healthy, but after a month or so of having turkey wraps almost every day they become bland and boring. The other day I was looking through recipes and found one of the lunches I made for my sister-in-law when she came to visit back in July (you may remember seeing it in my 60+ Freezer Meal Round-Up). I remember they had mentioned how good they were so I thought, what the heck, I’ll give them a try. They actually were really good, and super filling! They did take longer to make initially than the turkey wraps but I was able to make about 6 and keep them in the fridge; so in the end it was a quicker (and probably more healthier) lunch for Jeremy and I. You can heat them up in the microwave for 15 seconds or eat them cold. I prefer them cold but Jeremy liked his warmed up a bit. Try them out and let me know what you think!
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
6 cups spinach
1/2 cup romaine lettuce, chopped
1/2 cup shredded cheese
1/2 cup salsa
6 Tbsp greek yogurt
6 burrito size tortillas
In your Blendtec blender pulse spinach on low until finely chopped.
In a large skillet cook black beans and spinach over medium heat until spinach is wilted (about 3 minutes).
Spoon about 2 Tbsp of bean/spinach mix down center of tortilla.
Top with lettuce, cheese, salsa and yogurt.
Roll up like a burrito.
And there you have it a quick and easy HEALTHY lunch alternative. Do you have a favorite lunch? Link it (or any of your favorite recipes) up to our Tasty Tuesdays Link Party!
This month Sydney from Tastefully Frugal and Audrey from That Recipe are the co-hosts of this party!
We would love to have you link up to three of your old or new food posts!
Here are just a few requests for this linky:
- PLEASE follow the hosts and co-hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They visit your post, leave a comment, and pin your post. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please make sure you link up only food-related posts that have never been linked uphere before or they will be deleted.
Non-food posts can always be linked up to the Bloggers Brags Pinterest Party!
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.
[inlinkz_linkup id=452750 mode=1]