Create a fun, easy and affordable Valentine treat everyone will love!
Valentine’s Day is right around the corner. I’ve found most of the Valentine’s I’ll be giving out (like these Stuck On You Valentines) from the Target Dollar Spot. Seriously, that place is a curse and a blessing all in one. I love EVERYTHING they have and I buy almost everything they have. As good as I am about not spending money on clothes and other unnecessary things, that Dollar Spot is my weakness.
When I was picking up ideas for Valentine’s Day a few weeks ago I saw these cute popcorn buckets and had to get some! We are big popcorn eaters and I knew they wouldn’t go to waste. But I also wanted to make a Valentine’s treat with them too. So I made a batch of air popped popcorn, melted some chocolate and poured some sprinkles over everything.
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- 1/2 cup white chocolate melts
- Valentine's Day sprinkles
- Vegetable oil (optional)
- Pop popcorn in air popper.
- Spread popcorn out on two cookie sheets.
- Melt chocolate in microwave in 30 sec. increments, stirring between each time until melted.
- (Optional) add a little vegetable oil to chocolate to make easier to drizzle.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over popcorn.
- Sprinkle sprinkles on top of chocolate and popcorn.
I had my boys taste test the popcorn before I handed it out and the whole cookie sheet was gone in minutes. I had some cute pink bags leftover from last year I put the popcorn in and attached a cute little tag (Print your tags here). These would be great to hand out at class parties or in mom groups.
Are you in charge of treats for Valentine parties this year? What will you be taking?
If you’re tuning in from The PLACE here are the other ideas I shared on the show today: