I love being a blogger! I have met some really great people, learned a lot about myself and pushed myself in ways I never would’ve thought before. My favorite part about blogging is the creative release (and motivation) it gives me. My boys’ favorite part is all the treats, goodies and toys they get to help create and destroy/devour. They especially love when we get to make stuff for holidays. Because they are still young, my oldest will be 3 this year, they don’t yet realize that I am making things early and not on the actual holiday. I hope I don’t break their hearts in a few years when they realize Christmas, Valentine’s Day, 4th of July, aren’t month long holidays, only one day. Their smart I’m sure they’ll be figure it out, right?!
We’ve been making Valentine’s treats for a few weeks now (Check out my healthy Valentine’s here) and today’s treat has by far been their favorite. It was also the first time I let Rohrl help me make Jello. It is so much easier having someone else stir the Jello until it dissolves than doing it yourself! These sweet treats take little time to prepare but do take time to set up; so if you are making them for a party or get together I suggest making them a day or two ahead of time.
- 2 boxes Strawberry (or Raspberry) Jello (3oz. boxes)
- 1 tub cool whip
- 2 cups greek yogurt
- Open one box of Jello and prepare according to box directions.
- Pour Jello evenly and equally into cups.
- Let Jello sit in fridge for at least 3 hours or until fully set.
- Open second box of Jello and prepare according to box directions.
- Mix Jello liquid with Cool Whip and stir to combine. Pour on top of set up Jello in cups and refrigerate for another 3 hours or until Jello/Cool Whip mix is firm.
- Spoon 1/2 cup greek yogurt on top of each cup.
- You can make these into smaller portions for little ones or if you are serving a crowd just cut down the amount of each portion you put into each cup.
Do you see those cute straws I have in there? My friend Melissa from Twigs and Twirls makes them and they are my favorite! She’s a full-time mom and former microbiologist and sales professional. (how awesome is that?!) She’s also one of the sweetest people I’ve ever had the chance to meet. She creates affordable paper straws and tissue paper garland for every occasion (including her Frozen party collection) and in every design imaginable. And because she’s so awesome she’s giving Tastefully Frugal readers 10% off all orders! Just use code FRUGAL10. Follow her on Instagram and Facebook to check out her latest collections and keep your eyes out for a giveaway with Tastefully Frugal next month!
Looking for more Valentine’s Day treats, decor and inspiration? Check out my Valentine’s Day Pinterest Board!
Visit Tastefully Frugal’s profile on Pinterest.