This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias Inc. and The Coca-Cola Company. All opinions are mine alone. #BestSummerBBQ #CollectiveBias
In our neighborhood I’m known as the “Grill Girl”. As long as there’s no snow on the ground you can find me out on the porch grilling 4-5 nights a week. I especially love grilling in the summer time when we can eat outside and invite friends over to join us. Grilling may just be my favorite thing about summer. My second favorite thing is lemonade.
If you’ve been reading Tastefully Frugal for any time you know how much I love making homemade lemonades. But being pregnant has zapped my energy to squeeze lemons to make these refreshing drinks. When I was at Sam’s Club last week picking up a few of our necessities I saw Simply Lemonade® on sale I just had to add a pack to my cart! I could drink a whole bottle of this lemonade in a day; it tastes better than homemade because it’s so much easier to get a nice cool glassful out of the fridge versus making it and then waiting for it to get cold! This time I saved some for a new recipe; Honey Citrus Chicken Tacos.
These tacos are the perfect mix of sweet and tangy and will have even the pickiest of eaters asking for seconds. The longer you can marinade the chicken the better it will taste; but even if you can only marinade for an hour or two you will still have a delicious meal your family will love.
Honey Citrus Chicken Tacos
- 2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup Simply Lemonade®
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- Combine lemonade, honey, chili powder and garlic in a bowl. Whisk well to combine
- Pour over chicken in a Ziploc bag and let marinate in the fridge for at least 1 hour (8 hours or overnight is best)
- Remove chicken from bag and grill on both sides for 8-10 minutes until fully cooked.
- Add leftover marinade to a saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Shred chicken and mix in with marinade.
- Serve on flour tortillas with your favorite toppings (I like to add cheddar jack cheese, sour cream, pico de gallo and guacamole)