The sweet taste of raspberry is the perfect way to soften the spice of these crunchy jalapeño poppers.
One of my favorite ways to let my husband know I appreciate him is by cooking him favorite snacks and treats. He enjoys back rubs too, which I don’t mind giving, but cooking is way more fun! The last couple weeks he has been working a ton of hours on top of that he’s also been taking classes. He comes home from work and school totally exhausted but still helps me take care of the kids and the house. So this week I decided to surprise him with a spicy treat (his favorite).
I made these poppers for my dad and step dad last year for Father’s Day and they loved them so I knew Jeremy would enjoy them too. They are so easy to make and the Raspberry Chipotle Sauce is a nice way to soften the spice from the jalapeños. So whether you’re celebrating Father’s Day, a birthday day or just want to bring some heat to a dreary Saturday afternoon (like today) make these poppers. You won’t be disappointed.
Bacon Wrapped Raspberry Chipotle Jalapeno Poppers
- 8 jalapeno peppers
- 8 oz cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 1/4 cup raspberry chipotle sauce
- 8 pieces of bacon cut in half horizontally
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Prepare a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and a cooling rack placed on top of foil.
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise and remove seeds.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together raspberry chipotle sauce and cream cheese.
- Spoon 1-2 tsp of raspberry cheese mix into jalapenos.
- Wrap pepper with one piece of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- Place bacon wrapped peppers on cooling rack and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- For last 2 minutes turn on broiler to let bacon get crispy.
What’s your favorite spicy treat? Bacon was also the April ingredient for our Monthly Challenge. Check out what these other talented ladies created with bacon too! [inlinkz_linkup id=517237 mode=1]