By now you probably know I am a HUGE fan of quick and easy meals. As much as I love cooking, with two little boys running around, by the time they go down for their naps the last thing I want to think about is what I am cooking for dinner. Let alone spend an hour and a half cooking. This mama needs some me time; and time for Tastefully Frugal too 🙂
As I was planning meals for the last two weeks I knew that they would be hectic. With trying to get things ready for vacation and squeezing in doctor and dentist appointments I knew I would need to plan quick and easy dinners or we would be stuck eating out a lot. Not only was this not in the budget, but when you are planning a beach vacation the last thing you want to do is eat a bunch of fast food the week before going. With cooler weather coming I planned quite a few crock pot meals, but I didn’t want to solely rely on my crock pot. What if I forgot to start dinner at noon?
One of the first meals I ever made on my own was Beef Stroganoff, and if my memory served, Jeremy really liked it. I couldn’t find the recipe when I was planning dinners so I decided to just make my own. Normally I don’t like use cream of anything soup, but when you are looking for quick and easy, it fits the bill. I don’t quite remember what the first Beef Stroganoff tasted like but this was pretty darn good. Even Rohrl, my two year old, asked for seconds. This recipe will definitely be saved and used again, and again!
1 lb. ground beef
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 cup milk
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
1 tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
2 cups egg noodles
In a large skillet brown ground beef with mushrooms and garlic powder. Drain grease when done.
While ground beef is cooking, bring a large pot of water to boil and cook egg noodles according to package directions.
In a small saucepan combine milk and cream of mushroom soup. Cook on medium for 5 minutes.
Combine ground beef and mushrooms with soup mix.
Serve over egg noodles.
Green beans make a great addition to this meal too!
I always am looking for great quick and easy meals; do you have any? Link them up, or any of your favorite recipes to our Tasty Tuesdays Link Party.
This month Sydney from Tastefully Frugal and Audrey from That Recipe are the co-hosts of this party!
We would love to have you link up to three of your old or new food posts!
Here are just a few requests for this linky:
- PLEASE follow the hosts and co-hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They visit your post, leave a comment, and pin your post. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please make sure you link up only food-related posts that have never been linked up
here before or they will be deleted.Non-food posts can always be linked up to the Bloggers Brags Pinterest Party!
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.
[inlinkz_linkup id=452748 mode=1]