Dress up your house keys with this easy to make keychain AND enter to win the NEW Cricut Maker PLUS a whole bunch of extras!
This past year I’ve had at least a dozen friends buy a new house. I always want to make something special as a housewarming gift, but I know with a new house you often want to give it your own touches. I don’t want to make something that they’d feed obligated to display and/or put away in a box and never see again.
I was so excited when I saw this Leather Home Keychain as one of the 50 FREE projects offered with the new Cricut Maker machine. I figured this would be the perfect gift for a second set of keys, or their first set and with all of Cricut’s faux leather options I can customize it to any style or design.
I got this pack of Woodgrain Faux Leather on clearance at Joann’s the other day and knew it would be perfect for my first round of keychains. For the heart I used some suede I had from a project earlier this year and home is just regular white iron-on vinyl.
When you click this project to make it, or any of the projects in Design Space, it will have all the directions on how to put the project together once you have all the pieces made. It really makes creating projects a whole lot less intimidating.
Iron or Easy Press
- Open up this design in design space and follow the directions to cut the pieces – you’ll want to use the faux leather for the house, the suede for the heart and the iron-on for the word “home” ***MAKE SURE TO MIRROR IMAGE BEFORE YOU CUT HOME***
- Use leather glue to attach heart to the fuzzy side of the leather house that doesn’t have a heart cut out.
- Put leather glue on the house around the heart and attach the other house, fuzzy side down.
- Let sit for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the faux leather for 3-5 seconds before pressing the home on with the iron or Easy Press.
- Put they keychain ring through the whole at the top of the house.
And just like that you have the perfect house warming gift for just about anyone! Want to check out the other 49 FREE projects included with your Cricut Maker?! Click the pictures below to see how some of my blog buddies created these projects with their Maker!
Giveaway open to residents in the US and Canada ages 18 years and older. Giveaway runs from 10/2/17-10/9/17 and winner will be notified by email no later than 10/10/17. Winner will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen.