Here in the Andersen home we are huge chicken nugget/tender fans! If it was up to my boys they would eat them three times a day every day! Me, I need a little more variety. Don’t get me wrong, I love chicken as much as my boys, but there is only so long that those cute lil dino nuggets can taste good for, ya know what I mean?!
When we go out to dinner (which is once in a blue moon 😉 ) I almost always pick something with BBQ sauce. Whether it’s chicken, pork or beef I love me a good piece of meat drenched in BBQ! So when I was creating our meal plans last month I decided to try my hand at some BBQ chicken tenders. We always buy Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ sauce from Costco because it tastes really good and it’s less expensive then buying a regular sized bottle every other week. I don’t know if they changed their ingredients recently or if my boys and my tastes have changed, but lately their sauce seems to have a little more kick to it. Since I was planning on drenching my tenders in the sauce I knew I needed to add something a little sweet to even out the spice so everyone could enjoy it. I looked around my cupboards and found some honey and garlic powder and knew I had found a match made in heaven! Throw in a little brown sugar and you are ready to go!
Not only did I love these but my boys did too! So much so they asked for them again the next week. Give them a try, you won’t regret it!
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup flour
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- ⅓ cup honey
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Cut chicken breasts into tender strips.
- In a small bowl combine flour, salt and pepper.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs.
- In a third bowl add breadcrumbs.
- Dip strips into flour, then eggs, then breadcrumbs.
- Place chicken tenders on a lightly greased cookie sheet and bake for 8 minutes.
- Flip chicken and cook for an additional 8 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking, combine remaining ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Once you remove strips from oven place them in saucepan and drench with sauce.
These taste great dipped in some ranch dressing and served with rosemary fries and green beans.
Don’t forget to link your favorite recipes to our Tasty Tuesdays Link Party!
This month Sydney from Tastefully Frugal and Audrey from That Recipe are the co-hosts of this party!
We would love to have you link up to three of your old or new food posts!
Here are just a few requests for this linky:
- PLEASE follow the hosts and co-hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They visit your post, leave a comment, and pin your post. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please make sure you link up only food-related posts that have never been linked uphere before or they will be deleted.Non-food posts can always be linked up to the Bloggers Brags Pinterest Party!
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.