Have you ever had one of those days where from you know, from the moment you wake up, it’s going to be a struggle? I know, I know, it’s all a mindset and I totally agree that you are what you think about and do, but sometimes I am just plain ‘ol lazy, or tired, or both. It’s for days like these that I plan a few crockpot meals into each meal plan. I would love to say that I am able to spend an hour or two making dinner each night but most weeks I’m lucky if that happens half the time. I am very blessed though when it comes to my boys taking naps… Most days they nap together for at least an hour. Some days I get some cleaning done, most days I check my Facebook or Instagram, and every once in awhile I take a nap too (Usually I luck out on those days and they will nap together for 2 or 3 hours).
This chicken recipe is super easy to throw together and perfect for those days you know you won’t have a lot of time to prepare dinner. I love how moist and juicy the chicken is and my boys love the sweetness of the bbq sauce. This recipe was one that I shared in my freezer meal round-up back in July. You can easily make this ahead time as a freezer meal too. Just throw all the ingredients in a ziplock bag and lay flat in the freezer. It’s always good to label your bags with what’s in them, cooking directions and when you put them together. I’ve read a lot of posts that say it’s best to use Ziplock brand bags only for freezer meals but I’ve found that these Walmart Brand bags stand up just as well as the name brand and you get a lot more for half the price!
2-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 1/2 cup BBQ sauce (I use Sweet Baby Ray’s)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white vinegar
1 tsp garlic powder
pinch of cayenne powder
In a bowl mix all ingredients together, except chicken.
Place chicken in crockpot and pour sauce on top.
Cook on low for 4-6 hours (I cooked mine for about 4 1/2 hours and they turned out perfect).
I served the chicken with my Imitation Smashburger Fries and green beans. But I think it would also taste good shredded in a salad or on top of rice. We did shred it for my boys to eat and they devoured it!
Do you have a favorite easy recipe you like to make on hectic, crazy days? I’d love to have you link it up (or any recipe you like) at our Tasty Tuesdays Link Party.
(This post may contain affiliate links. For more information please check out this page)
Tammy from Creative K Kids is the host of this party every week!
We would love to have you link up to three of your old or new food posts!
Here are just a few requests for this linky
- PLEASE follow the hosts and co-hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They visit your post, leave a comment, and pin your post. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Try to visit a couple of blogs and leave a comment or share their posts.
- Please make sure you link up only food-related posts that have never been linked up here before or they will be deleted. Non-food posts can always be linked up to the Bloggers Brags Pinterest Party!
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.
[inlinkz_linkup id=441180 mode=1]