Make the classic Philly Cheese Steak sandwich into a tasty party dip.
Welcome to the first Monthly Ingredient Challenge of 2016. If you’re new to the Monthly Ingredient Challenge, each month we choose a specific ingredient and then we all (some of my super talented blog buddies and I) create a recipe using that ingredient. We are having two challenges this month. The first challenge, peppers, was scheduled for December but with the holidays we all got so busy we never got a chance to post. Today we are sharing those recipes.
We aren’t huge pepper fans here. Normally when we eat them they give my husband and I heartburn. But there is one thing we do eat them with and that’s Philly Cheese Steak sandwiches. We LOVE Philly’s! There is a great little place, Moochie’s, right down the street from our house that has the best Philly’s we’ve ever tasted. When I find a favorite eatery I love to share it with my friends (like my Copy Cat Sonic Slush with Nerds), however Philly Cheese Steaks can be expensive. And creating Philly’s for a family event would have taken a long time. So what’s a girl to do?
I turned my beloved Philly into a cheese dip! And boy oh boy was it a cheese dip! Every bite was filled full of moist steak, crispy peppers and creamy cheese. I originally planned on serving these on baguettes but they were quickly gobbled up so we used Ruffles chips and it tasted just as good. If you’re planning a game day celebration, or any party for that matter, and want to really wow your guests (without spending hours in the kitchen) give this dip a try. You won’t be disappointed.
- One 16oz Flank Steak
- 1 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup provolone cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Grill steak until medium-medium well and leave grease.
- Saute onions and peppers in same skillet as steak for 2-3 minutes over medium low heat.
- Cut steak into thin, bite size strips.
- In a medium sized bowl cream together cream cheese and sour cream until smooth and fully combined.
- Mix in provolone cheese and steak.
- Stir in peppers and onions.
- Place dip in an oven safe bowl and bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve with baguettes or chips.